How to Download and Use Headspace
First, please follow this link (on either your computer or smartphone): go.headspace.com/ucstressstudy to redeem your code. You will click “Redeem code” and you should then see this screen. Please enter the code EXACTLY as it appears in your email message (include the dashes).
2. Once you enter your code, this screen below should appear with your personalized voucher number at the top. If your voucher code isn’t working, please contact our study staff () and we will get you a new one.
If you already have a Headspace account, then you may enter your log-in credentials below. You will then click “Redeem code” on the next screen.
If you are a new Headspace user, click “sign up for free.” It will ask you for your first and last name, email address (you may use any you choose) and to enter a password (this information will not be seen by any of our study staff).
3. Once you have made an account, you may go to the app store (if you have an iPhone) or to google play (if you have a Samsung or Android) and download the app. If you do not want to download the application, you may also utilize Headspace via the web on either a computer or smartphone.
4. Once you are ready to meditate, please start with the “Basics” pack. You should see it as soon as you open the app or webpage.
5. When given the option, make sure you select "10 min."
6. You will complete “Basics” 1, 2 and 3 (10 days each). After the basics packs are finished, you may move on to the next pack, "Letting go of Stress" (under “Health). This pack will last for 30 sessions, about 10 minutes each.
7. We suggest that you enable notifications on your phone to remind you to meditate during times that are most convenient for you. You may enable or disable these notifications at any time by going on the Headspace app. First head to your profile (the tab that has your name on it), then, click the settings button on the top right of the screen.
Customize the time and day that works for you.
If you are having trouble downloading or using the app, please visit: https://help.headspace.com/hc/en-us
Or contact our study staff